Tuesday, January 6, 2009

ZOO

Since New Year's Day is a sacred holiday for all football fans, the girls and I left the boys at home and decided to take a trip to the Santa Barbara Zoo. (We really couldn't do a whole day of football watching.) Melinda and our friends the Clinton's came with us and we all had a great time! Anna's favorites were the giraffe's and penguins.

Carly sat on our Zoo map and slid down this grassy hill.
Carly's favorite was the flamingos.


Such a fun day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun Fun! Sounds like you guys had a fun Christmas and New Year!

Anna, I like to see the giraffes too! And Carly, I don't think I've ever seen a real flamingo before, so that is way cool you got to see some! ...Hoogle Zoo isn't too amazing. :) Are having fun back in school!?

Rachel, how are you doing? (Including you and Emily, I know around 15 people who are pregnant! Ya!) Is it still good weather there? Snow has been falling basically since we have been home from your house! Your mom said something about how you had to cook dinner for ALOT of people! What is for? How did that go, boy!? Whatever you made, I'm sure it was yummy!

Thanks again for having us stay for a few days, we really had a good time! See/talk to you soon!

Diana said...

What a great idea to go to the zoo during all the football chaos! Perfect! And the Santa Barbara Zoo is pretty much one of my favorite places to be in the whole world. Looks like so much fun. Must get back to California sometime and go there again. Happy New Year!

Natalie said...

The zoo what a perfect getaway while the dads are watching the big game!

Looks like it was a beautiful day!

Kate said...

So fun! It has been such a long time since I have been to the zoo. Glad you all had a fun New Year's Day Outing!

Violet said...

How fun!!! I wish I had thought of something like that. I got stuck watching.

MEB said...

I had SO much fun with you guys at the Zoo. I am glad you thought of the idea Rachel. It was a great day!
Miss you all!