Saturday, May 15, 2010

And the Winner is...

not me. And that is totally ok. It was a pretty nerve racking week thinking about the competition. I kept telling myself I was never going to put myself through this kind of thing again! I LOVE to cook/bake/create but this was taking a little of the joy out of it for me. We were in this big tent with a bunch of hay bales for chairs. There was an emcee (Bo Jaxon from the radio station.) He was asking us questions and keeping the banter going. I was nervous before it started but once things got going I was ok. We had an hour to complete our dishes and Mary completed hers in like 30 minutes and it took me about 40. I was really paranoid about burning the bread so I toasted it on really low heat and kept checking it tons. I knew I was in a little bit of trouble with the judges when they had to ask for napkins. Last time at the hotel they had napkins at the table so I didn't even think to provide them. I probably got docked points on presentation but oh well. I did my best and had some fun in the process. It was a great opportunity to talk to my kids about doing our best and then accepting the outcome. We don't win everything and that is ok! My awesome cheering section. I definitely had the most fans!



Just cooking away!


Anna and Carly before the show. I don't know if I will enter next year, not that I would get this far, but it is still up for debate.


2 comments:

Natalie said...

I so would have been part of your fan club if I lived there still! So proud, your an amazing cook and so clever so I am sure you'll pull something out of your sleeve for next year!

Marcie said...

Rach, you are so cute and your recipe looks and sounds delish!