Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mac is 3!

Happy Birthday Mac! He has been so excited for his birthday. He is finally old enough to appreciate his birthday. A few days before his birthday we were at Target and we walked through the toys and I asked him what he wanted for his birthday. A pretty big mistake considering he wanted the entire store. He really wanted James from Thomas the Train. Luckily we were buying treats for the Dodger game so we were able to get out of Target without any tears. Lucky Charms is his favorite cereal so I got of easy 'cooking' his favorite breakfast. Anna and Carly were equally excited. I didn't even make him eat 'the browns' after he ate all of the marshmallows. {If you haven't seen our new counters/bar in our kitchen here is good picture.} We had pasta and MAC and cheese (homemade) for dinner. In Mac's heaven, he would have Mac and Cheese (Kraft) everyday!
Normally I don't have the cake done until like an hour before we are going to eat it. However, I have realized that it is all about what the cake looks like when you are little. So I made it the night before so we could look at it for more than 5 minutes before devouring it.

There were a few fingerprints in the cake by the time we lit the candles but it made it taste all the better. He was so excited to blow out the candles!

He wanted to stop and play with all of the toys he got right then. Earlier in the day Brad and I were playing trains (he got James and a new train track) with him and he told me he wanted to play by himself. Translation: Brad is ruining everything, please take him and leave.


He got so much fun stuff! Crayons, coloring book, a Lightning McQueen helmet, Buzz Lightyear, books, trains, cars, balls, money, room decoration, swim toys, fire hat, and jump rope. Thanks everyone for making his birthday wonderful! He told me during the day how much he loved his birthday and he was so happy!

5 comments:

Diana said...

What a cutie. And I am impressed with the cake! I could use a big slice of that right now.

Ditte said...

Cute cakes! How did you make it?

Natalie said...

Looks like you guys have been Busy having fun this summer. I love your new bar. Looks so nice, and with you being Betty Crocker, I bet you love it.

Happy Birthday to Mac, love the cake. I made one of those for my boys and they love eating all the yummy goodies out of the train.

So excited to see you guys in a few weeks. My boys are looking forward to the Dodger game and all the food.

Kate said...

Such a cutie! It is so fun when they actually get that it is their birthday and get excited about things. I LOVE the cake... you are so talented! The counter tops and kitchen look great. It will be fun to see it in person sometime.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Mac! Sure looks like you've been up to a lot of fun! It's nice to see what you're all up too! We had a lot of fun in St. George! You're kids are so fun! So glad that although you live (or we live) so far away we still get to see you all lots! We count it as a huge blessing!