I was helping the girls write in their journals (yet another "thing" I am trying to be better at) about their trip to the pumpkin patch. Both of them mentioned how silly Daddy was because he didn't know where he was going and Mommy did so I thought I would share the story.
I am sure we have all heard the jokes and stereotypes about men and their unwillingness to ask for directions. Driving to the pumpkin patch we lived the stigma. We decided to go the patch in Santa Paula because it was only 2 dollars, even though it would take like 25 minutes to get there. I checked the map before we left to make sure we knew where we were going. As we were driving we came to highway 126 and I told McKay to go east. He said 'east! We are not going east!' I told him that is what the map said to do. He started giving me lines like, 'I used to ride my bike out here, Santa Paula is not east' and 'I can't believe I am listening to you tell me to go east when I grew up here!' 'We are going west.' And so on... So we went west - and soon as we started going west he saw a sign behind him that said Santa Paula was east. We turned around. He let me harrass him for a few minutes and took the heat well. The best part was we had friends following us and one of the little boys said 'I thought McKay grew up here? Doesn't he know where this is?' It was hilarious and we shared a good laugh.
Belly of the Whale
7 years ago
5 comments:
that's too funny!!! haha!!
That is great! Thanks for the good laugh.
It's the funniest when our hubby's are SO SURE that they're right, and then realize they are wrong! :P
That is actually bucking the trend. They say that men go east and women turn right. Good laugh...
Thanks for providing a GREAT laugh.
Post a Comment