Monday, February 18, 2008

Funny...

Anna has been learning all of the verses of the song 'I am a Child of God' in Primary. The other day she was singing it around the house and this is what came out:
"I am a Child of God, and so my knees are straight..."
I was holding my laughs in as best as I could trying to explain to her that it goes:
"I am a Child of God, and so my needs are great..."

We are trying to teach Carly the difference between her left and her right. Last night I told her which was her left hand and which was her right. She then explained to me that her left hand used to be her right hand and vice versa. Clearly she thinks she can decide which is her left and which is her right and it changes frequently. Anna was laughing hysterically on the bed.

The other day Carly came to me and told me she wrote on the wall. After looking at the wall she told me she didn't even know the wall was there when she wrote on it, it just appeared. Wow... now that took some thought.

8 comments:

Rachel Barlow said...

oh wow! your kids are too funny!! i love it!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Your blogs are so fun to read.

Happy Birthday Mckay--we wish we were in town for your birthday.

Your comment about Anna really made me think of how important it is that the children not only memorize the sounds/words to the primary songs, but that they also understand what the message and meaning of those words are--

and so my knees are straight. that is classic.

Kim said...

..and so my knees are straight! That's classic! And the wall just came out of nowhere? How funny! Your girls are so hilarious.

Marcie said...

Such cute stories. I especially love when kids come up with their own lyrics! Obviously you have to set the Primary songs right, though. :)

Kate said...

WOW, that is hilarious. All of it! I can remember when I figured out I had some words to "I Am A Child of God" wrong as well! :)
Love the wall comment too! :)

Arianne Lewis said...

SOOOOO funny! And MAC is huge! How fun- love and miss you guys!

Bill Tanna Ava Fox said...

that is hilarious! They are so cute and i want to see them someday!