Saturday, May 31, 2008

Blueberry Pickin'

We went to a local farm and picked blueberries today. It was really fun! We even got to take a tractor ride to the blueberry patch.
The bushes were FULL of blueberries. Anna was very selective of what blueberries she was going to put in her basket. Carly didn't care so much.
Carly did great - even with that cast!
We picked over two pounds of blueberries in about 30 minutes. Anna asked if we could do this all the time - it was so fun. They were $3.25/lb - a little higher than the 25 cents I used to get paid picking raspberries growing up!

8 comments:

Kim said...

What a fun family outing! It looks like the kids had a great time! :o)

Kate said...

So fun! I never knew there were this many kid friendly, fun outings around Camarillo! :)

Natalie said...

YUMMY! Nothing beats fresh picked blueberries. You have to be very patient to pick what you picked.

Marcie said...

How fun! Gwenyth and I would LOVE that since we are the blueberry lovers in the fam!

Kents said...

Those are the best blueberries, too! I haven't done it yet, just gotten to eat the blueberries. Mmmm.

Anonymous said...

That's so cool you got paid to go blueberry picking! How fun! Do you get to keep all those blueberries!? I hope so! If you do, that's one of the coolest activities - have fun while blueberry picking, get paid, and keep the blueberries you picked! wow!
Rachel, you are so creative with the fun activities you do all the time with your kids! I want to be like you when I grow up!

ScottB said...

That's awesome! Looks like ton of fun

Dave and Lorraine Barlow said...

Rachel your have done super good to find outings for the children in the area! And the girls love to eat blueberries!