We have our first broken bone - we aren't surprised that it is our little Climber Carly. Carly broke her wrist last night. Anna was the only eyewitness so we aren't exactly sure how it happened but she somehow fell off the top of the slide in our backyard on to the cement. She was probably trying to do some acrobatic move. We kept asking Anna different questions about what happened and she was almost in tears trying to answer us. Carly couldn't even talk she was crying to hard! We think she must have landed on her wrist because the doctor called it a 'compression fracture.' She was crying hysterically after it happened (which isn't totally abnormal) so we thought she hurt it pretty bad. She woke up in the middle of the night as well complaining that it hurt. She wouldn't use it at all this morning so we decided we better take her in to get it checked out. So far she has been a great sport about it, although she has already asked me if she could take it off. She has to have it on for almost a month. It is a removable cast that she can take off for a bath. The doctor said this kind is better because you can clean the skin and the risk of infection is low. Somehow I don't think this will be Carly's only broken bone. Uncle Brock calls her the monkey, I would say the name fits perfectly.
Belly of the Whale
7 years ago
9 comments:
Oh no! Poor Carly! It doesn't surprise me that she is the first one to break a bone. She is so lucky the cast is removable. I can picture the girls crying and Anna not being able to talk. :)
Poor Carly! Love reading your blog... isn't it funny how you get to know each other better?
We are sorry to hear that Carly has a broken wrist! Not so fun for her or you! The boys think she looks cool with her cast on though! Way to be soo tuff Carly!
Mitchell and Mckade!!!
What a bummer! She sure looks as cute as ever, though!
I hope Carly feels better! At least it is a removable cast, easier to itch your arm! She looks too happy ini this picture for breaking her wrist. That's one tuff girl!
Sorry Carly.
Ty, Lori and Bryn hope you feel better. Lori wants to know if you can sleep okay with it on.
Feel better!!
Hey Carly how do you sleep at night with your cast? I am glad you have a cast to help your bone heal and get better. I love you!
Go Carly! I am glad it is only for a month and a soft cast - we can still go swimming.
Poor Carly! I was the accident prone member in my family. Although my accidents involved more stitches than broken bones. I hope she feels better soon!
Post a Comment