Wednesday, May 28, 2008

HEAVEN on Earth

Today was honestly one of the best days of my life! I got lucky and had my house professionally cleaned. Lest you get too jealous let me explain something first: McKay had done some computer work for a contractor they work with and so he repayed us by cleaning our house with his wife! She owns a cleaning company and he cleans windows professionally. Words can not describe my overwhelming joy at the feeling of not having to worry about cleaning my house this week! Since having children I don't have the chance to clean my house all at once. I try to do some cleaning each day, but that sometimes bothers me because the whole house isn't clean at the same time! Well today it was! We even went to In-N-Out tonight for dinner so that we didn't mess up the kitchen. Anna had a slight heart attack when her Polly Pocket wasn't EXACTLY where she left it, but other than that everything was perfect. Hopefully they will need a lot of computer work done in the future so that this isn't a once in a lifetime experience. But even if it is - IT WAS TOTALLY WONDERFUL! And I will never, ever forget this! Thanks hon!!!

9 comments:

Kate said...

WOW! What a treat! SO glad you had a chance to be pampered! :)

Marcie said...

That is so awesome! Mike took Gav & Gweny to a Padres game and cleaning is on my agenda today. I need to catch up! I wish it could always be clean all at once. One day when we can have help on a regular basis, huh? :)

Diana said...

What a treat! That would be the best present ever -- a sparkling home! Rachel, I love your blog. Your kids are so cute and I love reading about what you and McKay are up to. Be sure to tell McKay hello.

Natalie said...

Ok that is the best gift a woman could ever recieve. It would be soo nice to have the whole house clean at the same time like you were saying. I think I would be a freak out though and not let the kids touch anything due to the fact they might mess it up. I would probably eat out for awhile too no need to mess up a clean kitchen. What a guy you have!
PS do they need anything to do with carpet? ha ha ha

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MEB said...

What a fantastic treat! Too bad that can't happen every week. I am the same...I love my house to be cleaned all at once. I hope the trade swapping keeps up! :)

ScottB said...

That's great! Chalk one up for the new computer expert in town. I can proudly say I taught him everything. LOL - Not!

Leanne said...

Oh wow. That is one of the most amazing things Ive ever heard. You are so lucky! Enjoy the clean house!

Kim said...

LUCKY! I have always wanted to have professionals come and clean my house...and they may as well organize it while they're at it. Although, they'd probably take one look at it and tell me it's beyond their help. Ha ha ha!