Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Happy Sad Day

Here is our sweet Anna on her first day of school! She was REALLY excited to wear her new clothes. She had a great day. She was really brave until the last 20 seconds when the teacher said to wave goodbye and she started crying. I gave her a quick hug and sent her back in line to go inside. She ran back one more time but then went inside. I had a friend check on her and she said she was doing ok - not crying anymore. I was a mess! I had to get out of there quick. She said she had lots of fun. She hasn't had any more tears, just a little apprehensive. She has made some friends and loves recess (swinging) and computer lab. She doesn't like having to eat lunch at 11:00 am but other than that really likes afternoon Kindergarten. Carly is a little sad and is looking forward to preschool starting. The time goes by really slow but it is starting to pick up a little. We miss her but are so happy for her and her new days as a Kindergartener!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Oh... so cute! I love the dress too. My friend just went through this and said she had to quickly leave too so her daughter did not see her cry as well. I am sure she is loving it now.

MEB said...

Oh so cute! I love how she came back for a second hug. That would have got me too. She looks so cute in her levi dress she told me so much about.

Alisa said...

My favorite response when I asked Anna how her first day of school went -- "It was the best day ever!!!"