We did it! It wasn't pretty but we did it. McKay and I trained for about three months to run the
Agoura Half Marathon. Almost seven miles of it was on a trail that was a lot steeper than we planned. Parts of it I was walking and I was passing people trying to jog. My knee held up pretty well but definitely was hurting. McKay was nice and ran the whole thing with me even though he DEFINITELY could have bet our time by AT LEAST 10-15 minutes. I did improve my time from my last half by about 10 minutes on a harder course. I was hoping for a better time but here's to
improvement!


It was a pretty windy day and my hair was driving me CRAZY! I also could feel the dirt on my teeth - yuck. Alisa and Lorraine helped bring the kids to the finish line to see us (that was no easy feat!)

We ran with some friends - it was so fun to know people at the finish line!

Dad and his boys sporting red!

Me getting some TLC at the first aid station.
7 comments:
Great job, guys! You look as thin as ever, Rachel. :)
great job! you are incredible. I hope I can still run after 4 kids! I'm glad your knees survived!
Red it a Ute Color! Still we will congratulate you on the finish. Your kids are adorable.
Dawn and McRay
You two are ROCK STARS!
I love that you took pictures after the marathon. That is proof that you are in good shape. I am usually throwing up for the next day. BTW, I am talking about the time after running a 5K. I am not proud.
P.S. Emily wants you to know this is Ryan
Way to go!! I am so impressed with both of you. Running up hill is the worst. Way to go on improving your time!!
Way to go! You two are amazing! I am SO sad I wasn't there running with you guys. There's always next year right!?! I am glad your knee was OK. Thanks for inspiring me to run!
Post a Comment