Here is my little station at the kitchen. I didn't take many pictures but here are a few of my dish.
I have always hated the mint that grows rampantly in our yard but this morning I was loving it!
We also got judged on presentation so Lorraine saved me with the flowers and red fabric. The pitcher is a wedding gift I had never used but is now my favorite wedding gift ever! So the end of this story is...
I AM A FINALIST! I will participate in a live cook-off at the California Strawberry Festival with one other contestant next Saturday in front of hundreds of people. AHHHH! Like I said this is one of the craziest things I have ever done. I am nervous and excited. I feel so lucky and honored my recipe was chosen. We will see what happens. Stay tuned...
oh ya... the winner gets a CRUISE! I am trying not to think about that.
Just in case you are curious, here is the recipe: (try not to be too shocked it is in the finals) :)
Strawberry Bruschetta with Lemon Cream
1 baguette
3-4 T butter, softened
3-4 T white sugar
2 C diced strawberries
1 ½ t balsamic vinegar
2 t honey
½ c whipped cream cheese
1 t. lemon zest
1. Slice baguette in ½ to ¾ inch slices. Butter one side.
2. Toast bread in a frying pan over medium heat until golden brown. Sprinkle with sugar.
3. Combine whipped cream cheese and lemon zest. Spread about 1 t over each slice of toasted bread.
4. Combine strawberries, balsamic vinegar, and honey. Spoon about 1 T over bread with lemon cream.
5. ENJOY!
1 baguette
3-4 T butter, softened
3-4 T white sugar
2 C diced strawberries
1 ½ t balsamic vinegar
2 t honey
½ c whipped cream cheese
1 t. lemon zest
1. Slice baguette in ½ to ¾ inch slices. Butter one side.
2. Toast bread in a frying pan over medium heat until golden brown. Sprinkle with sugar.
3. Combine whipped cream cheese and lemon zest. Spread about 1 t over each slice of toasted bread.
4. Combine strawberries, balsamic vinegar, and honey. Spoon about 1 T over bread with lemon cream.
5. ENJOY!
17 comments:
You're awesome! I can't wait to try it! Good luck at the cook-off and have a blast!!!!
You ARE amazing!
xoxoxo
um, that message about you being awesome proceeded this post. I am utterly speechless. CONGRATULATIONS, and Best of Luck!!
I am so proud of you, you are amazing. You are going to do great, I think we will come to watch you in action!! Good Luck!
Wow! I am so proud. You are awesome.
That is so awesome!! Good job!! AHH! Congrats! Can't wait to hear the results! That is sooo exciting!
SOOOO fun! Simple recipes are delicious too!! What a great story and experience. I wish I could be there. I would totally be your photographer for the BIG event! Good luck and have fun!! :)
Can't wait to give the recipe a try. We never go to the festival. It's a lot of unsavory people that stand around and drink strawberry beer. But have fun.
I am proud to call you my sister! :)
You are SO talented! I am lucky to have you as my sister! I can't wait to hear about the results. You are going to be a ROCK STAR on competition day. Good luck! Love ya!
Rachel - you continue to amaze me! I am so excited! I hope you win! I am bummed I will not be there to see you win!
HELLO!! That is awesome. You are an amazing cook, and this just proves it! I really hope you win. I just bought a baguette at the store.....maybe I'll have to try your recipe!
I am so impressed, but yet not surprised!
Congratulations. That's awesome. Your recipe looks delicious.
You created a yummy recipe and I could of eaten the whole plate of your strawberry bruschetta but glad I got two of them! You will do super in your final presentation!
Yum, Rachel- Congrats!
You're amazing! I can't wait to try this! oh and i can't wait to come home and be close to you guys again!
Post a Comment