Sunday, June 7, 2009

Memorial Day Hike

Ok so let's just state the obvious here from the picture: we are NOT a hiking family. Hopefully one day we will be but we have not yet reached that point. Our plan was to swim on Memorial Day but it was too cold. Not wanting to be totally lame we decided to go on a hike. It wasn't all bad but now that Anna can read the 500 signs of 'BEWARE OF RATTLESNAKES' didn't help us at all. We hiked for about a mile then decided to turn back. Carly told us right then that this hike was 'silly' because we were already turning around. Anna was jumping for joy. Mac kept stopping every 5 feet to pick up another dirt clod, stick, or rock - which made the hiking pretty slow. Maybe when the kids are a little older we can again try to appreciate nature.


We did stop at an Indian Museam at the end of our "hike" the girls thought that was pretty cool. I think the In n' Out Burgers at the end of it all made it all worth it.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Someday Rachel, Someday, We might both have hiking families. My kids are good, it is Scott I have to coax into thinking it sounds like a good idea.

Kate said...

I am laughing sooo hard! I can just imagine the 'drama' of silly hikes, rattle snakes and gathering of rocks. I have to say, I am not a hiker either. I wish you the best in your future hiking adventures. :)

MEB said...

My favorite is that both the girls are in skirts. :) They take after me, I am not a hiker. :)