Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Beach Day

It was a GREAT day at the Beach on Saturday! It was almost 100 in Camarillo so we decided we needed to cool down at the beach. We went with our friends the Sampsons and had a fabulous time! The mermaids are a must each time we go to the beach. If we don't do them Anna will ask why we didn't do them.
Mac was soooo good. I was worried he was g0ing to eat a lot of sand and not enjoy himself but after about 10 seconds of being there he climbed on this boogie board and played! He didn't stay on the blanket much and was happy just playing in the sand. He didn't eat hardly any sand and even took a nap after a while. What a guy.

There was a 5 foot drop off from the tide that the kids had a blast playing on. (You can kind of see it behind Carly.) They boogie boarded off of it, ran and jumped off it, and built a hole through it. Who knew a little drop off could provide hours of entertainment?
Anyone who has ever thought Anna was a little wimpy (including me) would have to change their mind after she went boogie boarding. My guess is the water wasn't even 50 degrees. It was SOOOO cold. Your feet were numb in about a minute. She was so brave and did it! We saw a friend of ours with a wet suit who said it was too cold for him to even get in. Go Anna!
Anna and Kade catching a wave.




After a few minutes of driving everyone was out. I guess that is what a fun day at the beach will do to you! Thanks for coming with us Sampsons!




6 comments:

MEB said...

What fun pictures. I am SO proud of Anna! I for sure wouldn't have gotten in the water. 100 degrees! I am jealous! I am ready for some warm weather here! I am so impressed with Mac! He is such a good baby!

Natalie said...

You got some great pictures! I love All the kids sleeping in the car.
Thanks for a wonderful time. We love you guys and we always have such a GREAT time with your family!

Kate said...

Looks like fun! Too bad we are still getting snow sometimes here!

Rachel Barlow said...

way fun! go anna! those drop off are so fun to play on!! forget the mermaids..i loved getting buried all the way...haha i still do it!! lol

Corrine Barlow said...

Just looking at these brings back fun memories of going to the beach as a child. I remember thinking the water got colder as I got older. Thanks for sharing.

Carlyna said...

Seeing that picture of Mac sleeping in his car seat for some reason screams McKay...they look a lot a like (in my opinion).