Friday, July 31, 2009

La Playa

Some family came into town and wanted to go to the beach so we decided to join them. Anna and Carly went a little earlier with them then I came. I know all you native So Cal people are going to cringe when I say this but for my posterity's sake I need to let them know that I think the beach is slightly overrated! I haven't quite figured out what is so fun about sitting in the wind wondering why you have goosebumps in the middle of the day in July. Is it the sandy chips you eat that makes it so fun? or maybe the seagulls trying to steal all your food? the umbrella that refuses to stay in the ground and wacks your 2-yr-old on the head when it gets blown away? the sand in your eyes? the backache you have from trying to carry all your stuff and kids to your spot? trying to convince yourself the water is warm while your toes are turning purple? the two hours it takes you to get ready for the beach and the three hours it takes you to clean up? the sandbox in your car after the beach? Believe me I could go on... but I won't. Brad screamed the entire time and Mac cried almost the entire time and I was only there about 30 minutes. It didn't take much convincing to leave the beach and play at the pool (sorry no pics of the pool - we were too busy having FUN!) I guess these cute pictures made it all worth it.




Lynette and I trying to save the umbrella.
Sandy chips.
Needless to say I won't be attempting the beach again until all my children have passed the age of three or if McKay is with me. (maybe)




2 comments:

Kate said...

So funny. I totally agree with the sand part.. it is everywhere and hard to clean up. But, I still love going. I love the sound of the ocean and the smell of the salt water. I have great memories from growing up and going to the beach. Love the cute pictures you got. BTW, I don't blame you not wanting to go with young kids and no help from the husband.

Natalie said...

Rachel, I wish you really told us how you feel about the beach! I miss the beach! You just have to let go and realize the sand is going to be everywhere even in places you didn't know you had. It is FREE entertainment and the kids sure love it! Your little ones are at a hard age! There is always next year!