Sunday, August 22, 2010

Cancun

We finally did it! We have been talking about going on a big trip for our 10 year anniversary for like 10 years! Haha. We were lucky enough to have some awesome, wonderful, amazing people take care of our kids so it made it so easy to go. Even though I was still hesitant about leaving them, I knew they would be in great hands. Melinda came for the first 5 days and then Rachel and Grandma took over. The kids had a party every night. Apparently even Brad was good. (What?) After arriving in Cancun we had to run and get in the ocean - it just looked too tempting! The water is amazing! Warmer than our swimming pool! This is the view from our room.









On Sunday we tried to find church, which we eventually did like 45 minutes late. Luckily it went about 20 minutes over so we still caught 45 minutes of sacrament meeting. We knew we were in the right area we (when I say we I mean McKay - I don't really speak Spanish) kept asking people and no one knew where it was! Not a good sign for the church but we were later assured by the missionaries that Cancun is growing great. Eventually we found it after walking down some streets I would be ok NEVER walking down again. I heard the phrase 'this is so much like my mission' numerous times.

This street is good - we didn't dare take our camera out on the 'not good' streets.
It was a very nice building in the mist of lots of not nice buildings. Apparently that is how it is a lot. By the time we got there we were very hot from all of our walking in circles in 90+ degrees with 100 percent humidity. I am pretty sure every night in my prayers I said I was greatful for air conditioning.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Glad you were able to find it. I totally agree about how I am grateful for air conditioning too. :)

anelieze castrejon said...

i totally understand! if franco hadn't lived in the dominican republic for two years, when we were there for our honeymoon i would have suggested we stay in our room instead of trying to find a church. but we found it, and it was a very spiritual experience. the church is true everywhere :)

Marcie said...

How fun! BEAUTIFUL pics, and Rach- you look so great! :)