On our way to the ferry back to Cancun we were on a hunt for a
panaderia. The sketchy chips and salsa was the only thing we had eaten all day and we didn't have time for a big sit down restaurant. The heavens were smiling down on us though because we found this amazing bakery. It was super cheap, anything like this in the states would have broken our budget. I was totally in heaven - I almost got emotional when we walked in.


Lo and behold the guy working the counter happened to be
LDS. (I knew there was a special spirit in the bakery.) McKay started talking to him (McKay is so nice and talks to everyone) and brought up his mission and then he told us he had served a mission too. I was slightly suspicious since
no one wears two t-shirts when it is a million
degrees outside. It was a pretty cool experience.

Yes, I ate cake for dinner. I couldn't help myself. I gave McKay one bite but then ate
the entire piece! It was divine, every bite was divine. So were the rolls, brownies, and pastries. All good.

McKay's new friends from Ireland took this
picture while we were in
Playa Del Carmen.

McKay's new friends from Brazil took this picture. This is us on the city bus back to our hotel. McKay was speaking Spanish with this couple from Brazil. Then after awhile they both realized they spoke English and gave up the Spanish - the communication wasn't going that great. They told us they were from Brazil but were living in New Jersey. I thought it was pretty funny.
1 comment:
Such fun adventures! You are seriously making me crack up... I am loving this!
Post a Comment