After the bike ride we went on some zip lines. Very fun but so not long enough for McKay.
You can't really tell but McKay is hanging upside down on the zip line. So much for the rule to 'sit up with your legs extended.'
These are the little sticks they gave us to help us brake. McKay never used his.

We repelled down into some caves and went swimming and snorkeling. Kind of a wet/dry/wet/dry kind of day. I am trying to be better about being wet. :) Before we could enter the water we had to be cleansed by a Mayan Priest (who was earlier the guy who helped us on the zip line, apparently Mayans are great multitaskers.) Strange, but we tried to be respectful. The caves were fun but slightly creepy. Definitely kept saying to myself "this is a once in a lifetime experience." One cave we snorkeled in had a ton of bats. I feel the same way about bats as I do about spiders. Plus I kept thinking, I am swimming in bat poop (everybody poops.) We had to have flashlights to see our way through the water. Yes it was cool in a creepy kind of way.



4 comments:
Rachel, you are cracking me up with your when in Rome thoughts as some of that was not what you would have chosen. Way to be adventerous! :)
Hey Barlows!!! Where are the pictures of your favorite part of the trip--to Chichen Itza! You should be able to use my name here to link you to my blog. I'll expect to see my name on your blog roll from now on.
haha, i definitely have to give you kudos for "swimming in bat poop" and all the other stuff you did. ay, ya yai! and i don't think i've had real mayan food, but i'll have to look it up. what a great trip!
Looks like you two are quite the adventures when just the two of you are in tow. Looks like a way fun trip. Rachel I have been cracking up reading about your trip it is so you and McKay. Him wanting to wear BYU or LA attire you not wanting anyone to notice you, him belly laughing as you are not understanding a word they say him meeting LOTS of new friends along the way and you just happy to be away with no kids for a minute. So glad you were able to do this, so fun and so needed!
Post a Comment