Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cozumel

On Tuesday we decided to be adventurous and take a trip to Cozumel. We decided to do it on our own rather than go through the hotel. We ended up saving a lot of money but it was a tad stressful - I don't recommend doing anything like that unless someone is fluent in Spanish. Here we are on the ferry to Cozumel. Melinda loaned me the hat and it was a very cute hat but I just could not take myself seriously in it! I could only wear it for a while because I just felt like I was 'hat girl' or something. We didn't know if we would be able to find a place to change into our swimming suits so we wore our suits down there. I didn't like the idea of being in a wet bathing suit but didn't know what else to do. The cute hat that looked hilarious on me.
We decided to play Harry and Lloyd and ride around the island on a moped. We couldn't stop laughing about how 'dumb' we felt. That baby went up to 80 km/hr. It was fun but my bootie was pretty sore by the time we were done. We found a bathroom along the way but had to buy something in order to use it so we had some cokes and totally nasty chips and salsa on the beach. Oh and we also got seriously rained on - all part of the experience.

This is McKay's favorite pose can you tell? He tried to wear Dodgers or BYU paraphernalia every day so in case anyone was from LA or LDS they would recognize him. We are so different sometimes - I just want to blend in and not have anyone notice me (another reason I couldn't wear the hat.)



It was a super fun day! On the bus ride home they showed 'HITCH' in Spanish. Apparently it is funnier in Spanish because McKay was belly rolling the entire way home. Wasn't quite as funny for me...


1 comment:

Kate said...

I hope you had fun... all this laughing about the enjoy the experience idea is making me laugh but a little worried that you did not have as much fun as I wanted you to have.